Specialist Program in Immunology
(13.5 full courses or their equivalents)
The Immunology Specialist Program is a Type 3 program. Only students with an average of 70% or higher in all of the required first-year courses and a minimum of 65% in each of these courses will be considered for entrance into the specialist program. Enrolment is limited and selection is based on performance in the following first-year required courses: BIO120, BIO130, CHM135 (formerly CHM139), CHM136 (formerly CHM138), MAT135 or their equivalents. Students apply via the Faculty’s Subject Program website.
- CHM135H (formerly CHM139H)
- CHM136H (formerly CHM138H)
- (MAT135H; MAT136H) / MAT 137Y
- (PHY131H¹, PHY132H¹) / (PHY151H¹; PHY152H¹)
- BIO260H / HMB265H
- One course from the following list:
- BIO220H / STA220H/ TRN225Y/ TRN236H/ CHM247H/ CHM249H
- Two courses from the following list: IMM428H / IMM429H / IMM430H / MIJ485H
- IMM450Y or one full course equivalent at the 400-series in ANA, BCH, IMM, LMP, MGY, CSB.
¹ These courses may be taken in the first year or subsequent years and are not required for entrance into the specialist program.
² This course is capped at 40 students. Priority will be given to Immunology Specialist students, followed by Immunology Major students.