Immunology Summer Research Opportunity
The Department of Immunology encourages undergraduate students possibly interested in graduate studies in life sciences to participate in our summer research opportunity.
For Summer 2020, the program has changed. Please read the new process below carefully.
Participating in the Immunology Summer Student Research Program (ISSRP):
- Undergraduate students are responsible for contacting department faculty members and arranging a placement for the summer (a typical placement is approximately three calendar months: May - July)
- Once a placement is secured, students are automatically enrolled in the ISSRP and will present their summer work during a seminar series at the end of July.
- Students who have secured a position should email email@example.com, cc'ing your supervisor, with this information
Funding and Scholarships:
Positions in the ISSRP will include a stipend, however students are encouraged to also apply for available University of Toronto Undergraduate Research Opportunity (UROP) scholarships. The following conditions apply:
- Students must have successfully completed a term in a full-time undergraduate program directly prior to the award period.
- Students who have completed their undergraduate program are not eligible. Students who have completed an undergraduate degree and have been accepted into a graduate program but have not yet begun are eligible to apply.
- University of Toronto and non-University of Toronto students may apply, including international students.
- Students cannot accept multiple summer research awards at the same time.
Those who wish to be considered for a scholarship must secure a supervisor and submit a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15, 2020 containing:
- a copy of their transcript (an unofficial printout/screenshot is fine)
- a 375-word (max) paragraph of intent on why you are participating in the ISSRP and what you hope to gain from your time in the lab
- a very brief statement on the aims of your summer project