Specialist Program in Immunology
(13.5 full courses or their equivalents)
The Immunology Specialist Program is a Type 3 program. Only students with an average of 70% or higher in all of the required first-year courses and a minimum of 65% in each of these courses will be considered for entrance into the specialist program. Enrolment is limited and selection is based on performance in the following first-year required courses: BIO120H1, BIO130H1, CHM135H1, CHM136H1, MAT135H1 or their equivalents. Students apply via ACORN.
- (MAT135H1; MAT136H1) / MAT137Y1
- (PHY131H1*, PHY132H1*) / (PHY151H1*; PHY152H1*)
- BIO260H1 / HMB265H1
- One course from the following list:
- BIO220H1 / STA288H1 / TRN225Y1 / TRN236H1 / CHM247H1 / CHM249H1
Students considering graduate school are encouraged to add the additional non-compulsory IMM385Y1.
- Two courses from the following list: IMM428H1 / IMM429H1 / IMM430H1 / IMM431H1 / MIJ485H1
- IMM450Y1 or one full course equivalent at the 400-series in ANA, BCH, IMM, LMP, MGY, CSB.
* These courses may be taken in the first year or subsequent years and are not required for entrance into the specialist program.
** This course is capped at 40 students. Priority will be given to Immunology Specialist students, followed by Immunology Major students.